New member Houston tx

Introduce yourself !
Jheath

New member Houston tx

Post by Jheath » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:42 am

Hey all,

Recently purchased a 96 cobra from my area a few months ago, had some mechanical issues with the motor (timing chain tensioners mainly). I knew the car had been atleast wrecked in the front at some point in time, has aftermarket cobra hood, fenders and bumper. I finally got my svt certificate in the mail a few weeks ago and it turns out the car was originally a mystic cobra, build #7. Car was hit in the front and rear and deemed a total loss on the carfax, but still has a clear Texas title, assuming was a total loss due to cost of the paint? The car is currently a ruby red color, but still has mystic paint under the carpet, few areas of the engine bay, etc.. I will be returning it back to a mystic after I save up for the paint haha. I have a few pictures of the car currently, body has 120k+ miles and I have a 01 wap shortblock that will be going back in it with b head top end, has full qa1 suspension and coilovers front and back, and corbeu seats and harness' as the seats that came with the car were beyond hope.

This will be my project over the next few years and I will try and keep this updated if anyone is interested.

Jheath

Re: New member Houston tx

Post by Jheath » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:11 am

Here are the photos of the car currently and the paperwork.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ntuit1
Site Admin

Re: New member Houston tx

Post by ntuit1 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:38 pm

Congrats on your find!! According to my records, this is one of ten or so mystics with cloth instead of leather. Can you confirm?