ntuit1
Site Admin

Recent Article from BASF

Post by ntuit1 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:06 pm

ISWIWDead
Validated Mystic Owner

Re: Recent Article from BASF

Post by ISWIWDead » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:25 pm

Nice They mentioned your site. Awesome really.

ntuit1
Site Admin

Post by ntuit1 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:33 pm

Yeah, pretty cool. The site has been online 10 years now. Nice to finally get noticed.

mjproduct
Validated Mystic Owner

Post by mjproduct » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:50 am

Great article - thanks for posting it!

At one time I heard the Mystic Cobra production was cut short because the goverement began using the same color-shift technology for bill printing... anyone ever hear that - and any truth to it?

golicherg@yahoo.com
Validated Mystic Owner

Post by golicherg@yahoo.com » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:11 am

Nice article and I agree that it is about time that the Mystic Cobras are finally recognized. I wrote to BASF and thanked them for their article.
On another note, I just received my new leather upholstery for number 1124 and will be taking the front seats from number 1124 and moving to number 1 since the seats in number 1 were worn and torn. This put "original" good slightly worn seats into number 1 and reupholstered seats into 1124. This is how I am restoring number 1 with original parts from donor cars. I know the remark about piece mealing was made, but this is the only way to properly restore a car that was not tended to and has significant historic value!
I have also decided to take number 1124 off the road and garage her too so no further derogation comes to her.
I have decided though that since both my Mystics will be garaged, I have nothing to show when driving, so I just bought a wrecked 97 GT convertible and have repaired her and have prepped her for receiving a Mystic paint job! Please you guys don't hate me and I am not trying to pawn this car off as a Mystic! It has the proper GT badging, bumpers, hood and I will be identifying it as such and will also be identifying the paint as a Mystic clone job!
I am showing 1124 at car shows and when asked about the paint on the vertible, will be giving all the credit to the Mystics and hopefully this will help draw more attention to the site and respect for the Mystics!
I just have a love of the paint!
Sincerely
Gary #1 & #1124

ISWIWDead
Validated Mystic Owner

Post by ISWIWDead » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:25 pm

Mystic 1 is no more valuable then any other out there

golicherg@yahoo.com
Validated Mystic Owner

Post by golicherg@yahoo.com » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:41 am

Maybe not or maybe, but tell that to the guys that have the first of the AC Cobras, Shelby's or some of the other collectibles. Only time will tell and in the time it takes to tell, I will return the car back to as close to original as I can and have already made arrangements to pass it on to my son when I pass on. I am not saying that any other Mystic is any less valuable since many that I have seen and looked at have less mileage and have been kept in much more prestine condition, but in the collection world, the first and last are always in demand!