Grill Emblem

Anything Mystic!
NateH92648

Grill Emblem

Post by NateH92648 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Any idea as to why some of the Mystics (Cobras for the matter) have a Cobra on the front of the grill, and others have a Pony? Mine has a Cobra, but is that factory?

ISWIWDead
Validated Mystic Owner

Re: Grill Emblem

Post by ISWIWDead » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:21 pm

NateH92648 wrote:Any idea as to why some of the Mystics (Cobras for the matter) have a Cobra on the front of the grill, and others have a Pony? Mine has a Cobra, but is that factory?
Factory were all pony's

Cobras were aftermarket

golicherg@yahoo.com
Validated Mystic Owner

Post by golicherg@yahoo.com » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:16 am

That is correct that all factory Cobras had ponies in the grille and not snakes. The Ford parts catalogs had a part number listed for Cobra grille ornament (8A224) but these are not snake emblems but ponies. I was a Ford parts manager for over 30 years and served on numerous Ford/Dealer advisory groups and had this investigated by Ford Cataloging and they had informed me that it was a cataloging error, there were never any snakes emblems used in any Cobra grilles.
Most everyone (including myself) have switched to the snake since it seems more appropriate for the Cobra to have a matching snake in the grille rather than the (running pony).
I do have one or two of the original (running pony) factory grille emblems if you need and would like, you can have what I have ($0.00). Your close so if you want let me know and we can meet and I'll give them to you, I just have to dig them out of my collection.

Gary
#1 & #1124

NateH92648

Post by NateH92648 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:43 pm

Right on! I'll stick with the Cobra emblem, I don't see any value deficiencies with it! :)